Lead is Africa’s No.1 Laundry Equipment supplier.
We have been selling and servicing Speed Queen® appliances for over 30 years.
Commercial Laundry for your Home
- Our Board of Directors grew up in commercial laundry, and today 80% of our business remains in commercial laundry
- Our commercial customers demand the quickest response times and highest quality work on repairs and maintenance – we bring this expertise to repairs and maintenance in your home
- Commercial laundry customers demand that spare parts are available today (not tomorrow). We carry more spare parts per product sold than any competitor so you do not wait
- Commercial laundry customers demand service immediately. We have 11 branches around Southern Africa so that you do not have to wait for service
Commercial customers demand quality first because their businesses depend on their equipment. Who else today offers you a home washer and drier built to this specification?
- Speed Queen home appliances are built by the largest COMMERCIAL/ INDUSTRIAL laundry manufacturer in the world – www.alliancelaundry.com
- Speed Queen is the only washer and drier available anywhere in the world that remains a commercial product at its core.
Why we are Different
Lead Household Appliances (Pty) Ltd has it’s origins operating out of a small Durban office in 1986.
The name ‘Lead’ was derived from the initial letters of the words in the original company name – Laundry Equipment Associated Distributors cc, and from very early on the word ‘Lead’ was considered central to the company’s vision and how it wished to be perceived in the industry – as the leader.
The company has over the years expanded to branches in Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth, Nelspruit and Windhoek with technical offices in Rustenburg, Dundee, East London and George. Head Office relocated to Johannesburg in the mid 90’s, where it remains today.
Lead is particularly proud of the longstanding relationships it has developed with its suppliers – these are relationships which in most cases have been built up over the greater part of 25 years, and the friendships developed as a result add significantly to the depth and strength of the business relationships they support.
Lead’s suppliers are world leaders at the forefront of technological innovation, and so the company is always confident of being able to offer its customers contemporary and relevant product innovations which are underpinned by quality manufacturing processes and approvals.
Lead’s businesses continue to be run today with the same values, principles and ethics as the business that was founded some 28 years ago; where value, personal customer service, continuous improvement, honesty, accountability, humility, social responsibility and the environment, remain the cornerstones of everything that we do.
We stand for equipment optimisation, streamlined circulation flows, process automation, minimum energy consumption & impeccable business ethics.
We continually strive to provide unsurpassed levels of efficiency and service in the sourcing, distribution and after sales care of a select range of quality products, at competitive prices and always with the environment in mind.
Proud importers of the world leading brand
We are the foremost supplier of commercial and industrial laundry equipment in Southern Africa, representing world leading brands that include Jensen, Speed Queen and Girbau.
The company also represents leading European brands Fagor in the Industrial Catering equipment sector where it delivers professional equipment and advice from qualified chefs in everything from the smallest bar to the largest industrial kitchens in everything from the most sophisticated Hotels, to the remotest mining camps in Africa.