Remember the time you wore your favourite white shirt and promised yourself that you wouldn’t spill on it, but before you knew it there was a huge chocolate stain on the front? We’ve all been there. Luckily, there are plenty of pretreatment methods to help lift stains and save clothes.
Pretreating for Chocolate Stains
A few effective ways to remove chocolate from clothing are to:
• Scrape the chocolate off the material
• Flush the affected area with cold water or soda water
• Rub a few drops of Dishliquid Soap or laundry detergent on the stain
• Sponge with lemon juice or vinegar
• Soak the article of clothing in detergent overnight
You can wash your clothes on a normal setting once the stain fades, but make sure you don’t dry the fabric until the stain is completely lifted, as it may create a set-in stain.
Are you looking for an effortless way to remove stains from your clothes? Watch this video to learn how Colleen and Martin’s special formula paired with high-quality laundry technology can remove stains without pretreating.
In this video, Colleen Martin refers to “Dawn Dish Soap”. We tried her special mix on chocolate stains using South Africa’s Sunlight Dish Liquid as equivalent and it worked!